I would say welcome to riding season but it is always riding season in Arizona!
- Here are a few tips to keep in mind in case you find yourself in an emergency situation that may require you to have your bike transported.
- If you are encountering a problem i.e. flat tire, losing power, cable snapped etc. look for a spot to pull off the road that is safe and a truck will have room to pull in front of you to pick you up.
- If you are find yourself on the freeway stranded in the carpool lane call 911 and ask for the DPS dispatch. They will be there in minutes and do a traffic break to let you safely cross the freeway to wait for help. If you bike is to disabled to get it across the freeway they will setup behind you until help arrives.
- At night if you still have battery power use your flashers if you have them.
As far as tips go… here are a few things that will help you out in case you find yourself on the side of the road
- A charger for your cell phone so you can contact help and they can contact you. If you don’t have a charger in your bike they sell small solar powered chargers for around $20
- At night on a dark road a flashlight and small folding reflector can help other motorists see you and helps the tow truck find you. Hint hint..
- Change your FOB batteries occasionally too. You can carry an extra set with you just in case. It sucks when a little battery stops you from starting your bike.
So get out and ride!
Arizona Motorcycle Towing & Storage
623.251.4401 • www.azmctowing.com
Jan 1, 2017 Towing Tips